Monday, January 30, 2012

Back to School


My first weekend was okay—Friday I had spent the night in Tbilisi in a hostel with fellow group 24ers Petey and Nikhil.  It was nice to catch up a bit but it still made me miss home.  I know I’ll get out of this funk and I really am getting better but… meh. Maybe it is the weather too. It’s cold, snowy, icy and grey so I’m trying to cheer myself up by wearing as much color as possible.  I should make rainbow colored glasses and just wear them around like Elton John.  That actually makes a lot of sense. Maybe he wears those glasses because he doesn’t like the way the world is colored. Maybe that is why Stevie Wonder wears sunglasses all the time too! *crickets* Or maybe he just likes being in the dark? With that last comment I am sure that I just secured myself a first class ticket to Hell.

Saturday was spent walking around Tbilisi looking for hangers.  I actually had a drawing of a hanger, the transliterated Georgian word for hanger, the word then written in Georgian and the Russian word for hanger written in Georgian and all I could find were a 3-pack of little kid hangers in ONE store.  I guess people just don’t use them here.  Saturday I was in bed and asleep by 10pm like a little old lady. 

Sunday I woke up at 7am watched the first 4 episodes of Project Runway All Stars, downloaded a few movies (just in case I experience another internet black out period) and took a shower.   Yes taking a shower seems to be enough of an event that I must report on it.  I then get a call from my sanity giver, Duncan, and I go into Tbilisi for the afternoon to catch up on the happenings of the past 7 weeks.  We both are in the same funk so it was nice to have someone understand in the same position. You know what they say, “Misery likes company” but it our meeting didn’t consist of us bitching, we were more so discussing our feelings. Sunday night was the highlight of my weekend.  No I wasn’t out drinking wine. I got to talk to my papa bear and my cousin for a few hours and we got into planning our 2012 Eurotrip.  I told my dad about my predicament and he hold me to buy a broom handle and get some shoelaces and make my own hanger.  I’m not going to lie—it was a pretty good idea but at the same time, I don’t need hangers THAT bad and can just settle for folding dress shirts… or use the 4 hangers I have and put 30 pounds of clothes on each.  He is legit one of the funniest people I know.

My arrival back to school was a very warm one. Everyone was very inviting and excited that I had returned as the English teacher before me had not come back after the winter break.  I got plenty of hugs and kisses from the students and got to see Goga (the keeper of my heart).  *sigh* I actually feel so much better right now it is unbelievable!  Being back in school makes my heart wanna explode with bliss.  One of my co-teachers had taught them the full version to ‘We wish you a Merry Christmas’ which they sang to me to welcome me back.  I was AGAIN fighting back tears.  This girl in grade 3 today calls me over during the work period and says “Herta mas, I love you.” That alone makes life worth living. These kids mean so much to me and its incredible to think that I probably mean a lot to them too.

Now with that being said I thought I'd lighten the mood by sharing some funny clips from Billy Madison (back when Adam Sandler used to be funny).





No comments:

Post a Comment